Friday, January 31, 2014

2014 To Read Booklist


I love to read. I'm just not very good at it. I get distracted and find any excuse not to sit down and ENJOY myself. That's why I have decided that in 2014, it is my goal to read 14 predetermined books. A pleasant plethora of genres and styles. Let me break it down.

1. Clean Gut, Alejandro Junger: I am determined to change my lifestyle so I can have the energy and health that I crave!
2. Catch 22, Joseph Heller: I hear it's funny and I feel like a fool for not having read it yet.
3. Living with Less, Joshua Becker: It's not that I want to become a minimalist, but what could be bad about being less obsessed with stuff?
4. Edenbrooke, Julianne Donaldson: Described as a "proper romance," I figure I can always use more of that in my life!
5. The Interestings, Meg Wolitzer: Apparently this one will blow your mind.
6. The Spectacular Now, Tim Sharp: This one was made into a movie last year. So we'll see which is better.
7. On The Road, Jack Kerouac: eeeeeeeveryone is talking about this book so I better see what all the fuss is about.
8. Canadian History for Dummies: Ya, this one is embarrasing. I don't know much okay?!
9. The 4-Hour Workweek, Timothy Ferris: Because who doesn't want to work less and live more?
10. The Sugar Frosted Nutsack, Mark Leyner: It was the title. The title sucked me right in.
11. The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien: I am a closet LOTR fan and I have GOT to finish this before the third movie comes out.
12. The Sun Also Rises, Ernest Hemingway: Mostly I want to read more Hemingway because he lived in Idaho.
13. Wherever You Go, There You Are, Jon Kabat-Zinn: A book about meditation. This should be interesting.
14.Wild, Cheryl Strayed: This one too is going to be a movie, and I love a good self-discovery story.

I'll be posting a book review of sorts for each one I complete. I am about half done Edenbrooke, so look for that one soon! (Are you reading these too? Let me know what you think of them! Suggestions? Please share those as well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment