Tuesday, August 27, 2013

are you going to scarborough fair?




The fair has always held a special place in my heart. Must be because of the time we went when we were dating. Aaaah yes, Blake had just had a massive spider bite/boil lanced (on his be-hind) and was on pain meds, and we went on all the cramped rides and he got so sick he thought he was going to hurl, and I nursed him back to health. After getting a caramel apple.


True love right there.
We didn't go last year because quite honestly I couldn't fathom carting around a 2 month old at one of the least hygienic places I could think of would be that fun (minus behind the toilet or on a walmart shopping cart) and I'm not even a germophobe!
And then this year I see the teeniest baby I have EVER seen in an umbrella stroller, all flopping around, barely even strapped in. It just about blew my mind.


We got some delicious fair food (the absolute best part of the fair. The reason I go now that I am too old for rides... why is it that with age comes motion sickness?!)
I switched it up and instead of my usual caramel apple I got an ice cream potato. Definitely worth it.
Ruby fed the animals, got bit by a goat, stared and pointed and screamed at all the lights and rides, and as we were walking to our car I realized we didn't get a family shot, so we did the best we could with what we had:

  
until next year!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you blog because you are HILARIOUS!! :) i will now follow/stalk you :)

    ReplyDelete